Monday, September 3, 2012

Music of the Night

Growing up, I was exposed to a lot of the arts. Musical theatre to be exact. I watched numerous plays from The Little Mermaid to Miss Saigon to Legally Blonde and many more!! 

Being the Disney lover that I am, one of my favourite plays as a kid was Beauty and the Beast which I got to watch on Broadway in New York

I loved musical theatre! There was nothing like it. The thrill I got from watching plays was just ineffable. I also got to act in a few plays growing up which was extremely fun too! I played this Princess in Sesame Street when I was about 7, I think? Rizzo (Pink Ladies) from Grease and Lucy (this Bitch role) from 13 just to name some. Weird thing is, I'm always give the Bitch role... :( But I end up loving it afterwards because ironically, they're really fun to play! 


I started the month of September with Phantom of the Opera. It's been running since August 25, and I was just counting the days honestly... I was extremely excited to see this play! Everyone's been going on and on about how amazing it was. Truth be told, they were absolutely right! It was jaw-droppingly amazing. 

From the set, to the actors, to the orchestra.. everything was just one major production! I know that nothing's perfect, but this was just that. Certainly one of the best plays I've seen yet. Part of my top three, along with Wicked which I saw in Singapore. :) 


I love to sing!! I sing all the time. In my room, the shower, and when I'm driving alone in my car. Not saying I sing well, but I just love it. Music makes me so happy! I wouldn't know what I'd do without it. :) 

Tickets are pretty costly, but believe me, you won't regret it! Luckily, Phantom of the Opera is extended. So I suggest you call and reserve right away!

Tickets are still available at Ticketworld or call 891-9999. 

ENJOY!! 

INSTAGRAM: arellanoalyssa
TWITTER: @ArellanoAlyssa
E-MAIL: alyssalopezarellano@gmail.com



PS. Finally uploaded a song to my Soundcloud account, check it out! :) http://soundcloud.com/alyssaarellano

No comments:

Post a Comment