Sunday, June 24, 2012

Back to Basics


Today when teenagers think of fun, they throw in alcohol and media of some sort. Last night, I threw a sleepover at my place and tried to eliminate the usage of gadgets. 

I remember my childhood days very clearly. Gadgets weren't so big in the 90's growing up, so kids like me would play outside most of the time. I'd remember playing games like Dengue, Hide-and-Seek & Marco Polo. (And honestly speaking, call us immature but my friends and I still enjoy playing those kinds of games and that's what I love about them.) -- I have a younger brother whose 13 years old, and he and his friends don't even consider playing those games anymore. Instead, they'd spend their time watching movies or playing with their respective gaming consoles. I find it so crazy how kids as young as 5 years old have their own PSP's! Wild.


Meet my friends! We call ourselves CANADA. No, not because of the country but because our initials start with each letter formed in CANADA. Pretty cool, right? :) We even had shirts made! Haha.

CANADA
Chino, Anton, Nick, Alyssa, Daniel, & Andrew.


These guys have been my friends since grade school so you can just imagine how bonded we all are. Not all of them stayed in Waldorf until Grade 12. One even moved to Baguio! But I'm glad to say that distance never changed our relationship. We still managed to keep in touch. I'd like to think that a friendship/relationship is a two way street. So as long as you don't stop making the effort, things will be okay. :)



Being the thoughtful mum that she is, she bought us some of my favourite snacks to get us through the night just so we wouldn't "starve". Typical fat ass notion. HAHA.



I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty addicted to gadgets. Especially my phone, I'm never seen without it. But during bonding sessions like these, I try my best to keep it away with no regrets whatsoever! 

We decided to go to the play ground to just talk and okay, maybe squeeze in some swinging here and there. But left early because the guard told us that it was past the villages curfew. So we just played games the whole night instead of watching a movie. We played soccer outside the streets, Balderdash, Hilarium, Cranium, Monopoly Deal and the renowned filipino card game 'Pusoy-Dos'.

I love watching movies, don't get me wrong. But I really enjoyed playing board games last night because it really brought us back to basics. It's much more interactive and you just enjoy each others company more which is the whole point in 'bonding'

We weren't complete that night so it was only Anton, Nick, Daniel and I. My brother decided to join in the fun too! We were missing the beginning and ending of CANADA! :( Nonetheless, it was for me one of my favourite sleepovers starting off with the 50% off Brothers Burger that was certainly satisfying, all the deep & sabaw conversations not to mention the never ending tiffs of what to do next.


I'm going to be all cheesy and quote Bob Marley here... 

"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for."

I love these guys to the moon and back! And to me, they're worth suffering for. I'm the eldest in the family and I've always wanted an older brother. How lucky am I to suddenly be given FIVE! :")

I always get so flattered when people go: "I wish I find my own CANADA soon."

My only wish for all of you is that you DO find your own CANADA! Because I swear, life will be so much more worth while with friends like these on your side. :)

2 comments:

  1. alyssa this is so cute!!!! HUHUHU one of the boys talaga oh :>

    ReplyDelete