Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Lost Art of Conversation


The other night, I was having dinner at Aria (which I will do a write up on soon) and noticed that the table next to us seated a family of five and they were all using their gadgets. (iPhone, Blackberry, iPads etc.) Silence was shared, with no conversation whatsoever. 

Honestly, I'm pretty guilty when it comes to this because I do find myself checking my phone every now and then during dinner conversations. But after seeing that family, I came to a sudden realization. Now I know what my mum's been complaining about. 

So that's how I looked like. So into my cyber life I sometimes drift away from reality. Let me tell you guys, it's not a good habit! I suggest you try stopping even just during meals with family. Such a big difference to what you actually notice without being attached to your gadget. :)

ONE TIP:
When eating out with friends, put all your respective gadgets in the middle of the table and who ever reaches out for his/her gadget first gets a consequence. Be it they pay for your meals, or whatever silly thing you can think of! 

Try it out and let me know how it goes! I'd love to hear from you guys. For any more suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below! Have a happy day. :)


FOLLOW ME ON:
INSTAGRAM: arellanoalyssa
TWITTER: @ArellanoAlyssa
E-MAIL: alyssalopezarellano@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment