Saturday, July 7, 2012

Rain or Shine

Spontaneous adventures. Plans are good; spur of the moment is better. --Read this on Thought Catalog a few days back. I always feel the need to plan ahead just so that I can inform my parents of my whereabouts, but if I didn't have to, I'd think that the spontaneous adventures would have to be the best. I was surprised and thankful that my parents allowed me to go on such short notice! After all, she only decided that we'd go literally the night before.

Just a few days ago, one of my great friends Mirabai Sebastian turned the big two zero. How time flies by so quickly, huh? We're all getting older which just means more expectations and more responsibilities. GAH. I hate just having to think of it, really. It scares me you know, having to think about the future and all. 

"Rain or shine" is what Bai said when she said she needed to getaway. (Hence the title for this blog entry.) So that is why, despite all the rain showers, bad vibes, and stressful days she decided to getaway and celebrate her birthday for the day at the beach. :)


The weather was actually on our side today as the sun was shining most of the time! 



View from the top!



With the birthday girl! Hihi.


We went to Kawayan Cove. I love it there because whenever we go, we feel like we own the place having the beach all to ourselves with no crowd whatsoever. 

The waves were particularly huge when we went! It was so much fun just wading and jumping around talking the day away. :)



Our usual order: Pancit Kawayan -- SO GOOD!


We craved for something sweet afterwards so we ordered turon! (Like we always do.. HEHE.)




 Matching hair. :") 




Jump shots are always fun!



Another friendship photo to add to our collection, HEHE.







Addicted to editing photos via Pixlromatic! SO SEXY, B. ;)



Don't you just find her umbrella SO cute? 



Wuv you, babykins! Hope you had a wonderful birthday. :)



Sadly, neither of us brought our tripod with us during this trip so we opted for the most stable rock we could find. HAHA.



We had an early dinner at Recipes! Home to my favourite chicken in the world. :") 


One weird fact you probably don't know about me: 
I'm not a big fan of chicken. I don't like KFC, or anything fried chicken. Weird, but true. Although Generals Chicken would probably be the only exception!!



The three of us ordered one bowl of Generals Chicken each and finished it with no left overs. It's just THAT good! For all you Bon Chon lovers out there, I suggest you try this! It's crunchy on the outside yet soft on the inside. Sweet but a bit spicy. Just, ahh the perfect boneless chicken dish!



Being silly at Aldo while Bai buys herself a pair of heels. :)



We had dessert at the FIC ice cream bar. 


Bai and I got our favourite Black Sesame mochi ball, while Alessandra got a scoop of Black Sesame ice cream. :)




Black Sesame is so yummy! Definitely something not everybody would get because it sounds and looks weird, but I love it anyway. I suggest you try it sometime you feel a bit adventurous. ;)



Cotton candy skies before leaving Sta. Rosa. So beautiful isn't it? 





"True friends are the ones who never leave your heart, even if they leave your life for a while. Even after time apart, you pick up with them right where you left off."


This quote pretty much sums up our friendship. I don't see these girls as often as I'd like to, but I feel that every time we do get together it's like nothings changed between us and we pick up where ever we left off and that's why I love them so! 


Like I said in my recent post on friendship *here* I think that friendship is a two way street, so as long as you don't stop making the effort, everything will be fine. :)


Hoping that all our other plans push through soon and that we don't wait another two years until we get together. Love you guys to the moon and back! <3



Hope you enjoy this track! It's called Getaway by Holiday Parade, just one of my favourite tracks when thinking of the beach or getting away in particular hence the song title. ;))

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely spot! Hope your friend had a fun birthday.

    Check out my blog at thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz, follow me if you like it!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! Yeah, she said she did. :")
    Sure thing! Thanks for visiting my blog. Follow if you find yourself coming back? :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete