Thursday, July 5, 2012

Too Much of a Good Thing

So today I had planned to have dinner with my mum at our favourite Thai place, Peoples Palace. I love this restaurant so much that I was excited as of lunch when we made our reservation.

I've talked about Peoples Palace before in my previous entry on Mango Tree. I know I've said this countless times before, but I love food. I mean, you'd be crazy not to love it! 

Tonight might've been a tad bit too much for me though. I was a bit too excited that I had about 3 servings of rice in a span of 10 minutes. That's already SO much considering I try not to eat so much for dinner and tried cutting down on my rice in take. 

What we ordered:   


Beef Curry


My forever favourite, Pad Thai. :")


Mixed Vegetables for my mum. 


Best Shrimp Cakes with Sweet 'n Sour sauce.


Sticky Rice with Mangoes!
(TO. DIE. FOR.)

"MHMM. That was one great meal!" I said to myself. Just like all the other meals I have at Peoples Palace. Except this time was different. My brother didn't join us. So you can just IMAGINE how much MORE I ate considering it was just my mum and I. 

My stomach felt like a bowling ball! No exaggeration. I was so full I could hardly breathe. It was painful to even laugh. I've never felt like this before.. not even after a buffet because I usually have a method already, but I won't get into that now. HAHA. 

Just a quick reminder to my future self:
DO NOT eat too quickly! Try and enjoy each and every bite like it were your last. 

Well, that's all I've got to say for tonight. Hope you guys had a great day despite all the surprise rain showers! Let me know how your Peoples Palace experience goes. 
And remember that TOO much of something can result to something bad as well. So everything in moderation is always good. :)

Forgive the photos... I wasn't expecting on writing an entry on this so I just took it via instagram.
FOLLOW ME: arellanoalyssa


PEOPLES PALACE

G/F Garden Side, Greenbelt 3, Ayala Center
Makati City, Metro Manila
(02) 729-2888
or, text to make reservations like I do. 
0917 819 4375




No comments:

Post a Comment