Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Wonderful Turn of Events

Birthdays are always something I look forward to. Whether it be my birthday, or some other loved ones. It's where people are gathered to celebrate your special day. It's also when people are usually happier AND nicer to you. *laughs* 

People would always describe me as "Always positive or Happy-go-lucky." And I'd like to think that's true, but not everybody sees the other side of me. The side that's broken. Jaded. And longing to be a whole again.

Today was certainly a wonderful turn of events as we had dinner together as a family. A complete family. My parents have been separated for almost 9 years now and I'd have to say it was probably one of the darkest memories of my life. But today everything changed. It's not what you think. Not the whole Parent Trap story where the kids get them to see each other and they fall in love again, no. As shallow as this may sound, this would have to be the first time we had dinner together in a very very long time. I actually didn't think it was at all possible. But I'm glad that I got to convince them to do it. Because really, it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. For a little while there, I felt whole again. :)


We ate at Bistecca, located at 122 Joya, Rockwell. (In front of BDO and Cibo at Powerplant)



It wasn't my first time coming for you know how big my love is for steak and truffle. :")


The restaurant is quite dim-lighted so it really set the mood.



Four Cheese Truffle Mac and Cheese topped with Arugula and Bacon. 
-- Mhm, it was certainly a treat for the tummy! Only wished the serving was a bit bigger.


SIDES: Wild Mushroom and Creamed Spinach.


Oil and rock salt that pair perfectly with the steak. 

Rock salt choices:
Truffle - Garlic - Chili

You can probably guess what my favourite was. ;)


We always get Rib-Eye and have it cooked to medium-rare. 

-- Servings are big here and is always cooked to perfection! :)



A meal is never complete without dessert. ;)

They only had two choices which was either the Chocolate Lava Cake or the Bread Pudding. -- We ordered the Chocolate Lava Cake without even thinking. It was really yummy! In fact it was gone in 10 seconds. HAHA.


I'm hoping that this won't be the last dinner that my family has together. Looking forward to October. *crosses fingers*

Happy birthday, Josh! Hope you had a great one. I love you to the moon and back. :) 

If you're a fan of steak and truffle like I am, I suggest you try Bistecca. Prices are pretty high, but definitely worth it! It's always a pleasure going back. Let me know how your Bistecca experience goes! Comments are much loved below. :)


BISTECCA
122 Joya, Rockwell
Makati City, Metro Manila
(02) 403-5231








No comments:

Post a Comment